Friday, June 08, 2007

Off the Charts

Not too long after I posted that last entry, Marli came back from a doctor's appointment and announced that Kenshin's height and weight were literally off the charts for a two month old baby - above the 95 percentile.

He weighs 7.25 kilograms - 16 pounds! That's a big baby!

Daigoro will have the opportunity to go horseback riding (doubling with his mother) tomorrow at my brother's birthday party. I'm looking forward to it. He's been exposed to horses and ponies a lot for his age (I think) - he went on Pony rides at Puck's Farm (a farm north of Toronto which hosts school groups, parties and the general public, helping people learn about how farms work) earlier in the spring, and then again at the Nobleton Fair on the Victoria Day long weekend. My brother and his girlfriend have also taken him to see horses.

He seems to be both interested and intimidated by them, which, for a child weighing somewhere in the 13 kg (30 pound) range and standing about 79cm (2'7"), seems a very healthy attitude.

Speaking of which, I have to comment that the fact that the age children are the most prone to run around without looking where they're going corresponds almost exactly to when their heads are at the height of the male's groin seems to be some sort of sick cosmic joke. One of the prices we pay for being bipedal, I suppose.

No comments: